What is Cogent Christianity?
Cogent Christianity is a platform for young Christians belonging to the millennial and Gen-Z generations to share their thoughts on matters to do with theology, philosophy, and culture via the medium of high quality articles and essays.
Our aim is to provide young Christians, primarily Evangelicals, with a forum to reach out to other Christians by sharing their knowledge and thought-out opinions on important matters that often pose as obstacles to faith; matters that our churches haven’t done a great job at addressing.
If you are interested in joining the team, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or a message via the contact page.
Cogent Christianity is run by a Christ-centred and dedicated group of contributors. Here is your chance to meet them.
George is the highly-introverted founder, chief editor, and author at Cogent Christianity. He is an undergraduate student of philosophy with a focus in metaphysics, ethics, and the philosophy of religion. He also enjoys studying Reformed Theology, writing short stories, reading anything he can get his hands on, and rooting for his favourite cricket and soccer teams.
Patrick is an author at Cogent Christianity, with primary contributions in Reformed Theology. He completed his undergraduate studies in theological studies at Reformed Bible College in 2016 and is now pursuing Master’s degrees in philosophy and systematic theology. He now resides in a small Indiana town with his wonderful wife Alexa, studying, managing an award-winning barbecue restaurant, and leading http://www.thereformedphilosopher.com.
Jostiena “Tina” Wanis is a psychology graduate student studying in Chicago. She enjoys studying theology as a hobby. She’s interested in Ecclesiology, Biblical theology, and the integration of mental health and Christianity, which will also be her areas of contribution to Cogent Christianity.
Paul is a card-carrying INFP and lifelong Missouri-Synod Lutheran. After earning a bachelor’s degree in History in 2016, he completed graduate work at a Lutheran seminary, and is now pursuing a career in nursing. He is continually learning about theology, healthcare, and human nature.
Statement of Faith
While the contributors at Cogent Christianity come from various denominational backgrounds, they all agree on the following essentials of the Christian faith:
- The nature of God as consisting of one divine and infinite Essence and of three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who are, as described by the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith, “not divided in nature and being, but distinguished by several peculiar relative properties and personal relations.”
- An orthodox understanding of the deity of Christ as wholly God and wholly man.
- A firm belief in the substitutionary atonement of Christ on the cross, as well as His burial, and resurrection on the third day.
- A firm belief in the inspiration, inerrancy, and sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures.
- A firm belief in the visible Second Coming of Christ and in the final judgment of all men.
- A firm belief in the necessity and sufficiency of grace in our salvation.
- A firm belief in justification by grace through faith, and not by works.
We admit that individual articles might reflect the specific theological views of their respective authors, and that these do not reflect the views of the other authors or those of Cogent Christianity as a whole.